Friday, May 18, 2012

Elliot's Introduction to Playdoh

The boys and I played with Playdoh this morning during learning time.  


This was Elliot's first introduction to Playdoh, and, as expected, he tried tasting in many times.  However, he was a good listener each time when I told him "No mouth!"



(Look at all of these teeth.  He now has 11, and about 3 more on the verge of poking through).
 

Peter and I had read The Big Orange Splot (by D. Manus Pinkwater) earlier in the morning, so we proceeded to build Mr. Plumbean's house and yard.


I'm getting pretty good at making all of these items, since this is the 5th time we have recreated this same scene with Playdoh in the last 4 days.  I'm not sure why Peter has become fixated on this particular scene.  We HAVE TO include the house, splot, palm trees, hammock, Mr. Plumbean and the alligator (in that order), but Peter refuses to let me build any of the other houses or residents from Mr. Plumbean's street.


Here is a quick video I shot of the boys playing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment